Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The Versatile Blogger

As is always the case, I was stunned to be honored by Barbara at Cat Patches for the Versatile Blogger Award. My little blog? Really?

However, I do need to say that my blog wouldn't be what it is without my readers. There is a definite crew of lurkers and commenters and my day isn't complete until I've heard from most of you! Barbara and everyone else offers me encouragement and lets me know what you guys would like to see on my blog. I can't do it without any of you!!






Here are the rules for the Versatile Blogger Award:

  1. Add the award to your blog.
  2. Thank the blogger who gave it to you.
  3. Mention seven random things about yourself.
  4. List the rules.
  5. Award to 15 bloggers.
  6. Inform each of those 15 by leaving a comment on their blog.

To me this was the hard part: Seven random things about me:
  1. Let's just get this one out of the way - I'm shy. You can't tell on this blog, at my job with the public, nor can my friends but stick me in a room of strangers and I become a wall flower.
  2. In high school I thought I wanted to be a pharmacist but when I studied chemistry in college I hated chemistry and did quite poorly. It wasn't until I moved to Florida that I switched to database design and did quite well.  Now I have a job that has nothing to do with either. Go figure...
  3. I love to travel and I've been to 4 of 7 continents so far, including Africa twice! Most trips have been to visit friends or family (the best kind of trips IMHO) and I currently have an offer to visit family in Vietnam. I just need to make friends in South America and Antarctica!
  4. I can change the tires, brakes and oil on my own car. I choose not to most of the time...but I can.
  5. I have two left feet, unless I am in Zumba class.
  6. As a kid I would stay up waaaay past bedtime with a flash light and book under the covers. I still stay up late with a good book but I use the bedside lamp :)
  7. I love cooking and baking, including 18th century cooking over an open hearth. Doing dishes is an entirely different story.

Choosing 15 bloggers to honor was a tiny bit easier for me. I've left out four of my fav sites ( Barbara awarded me as Versatile Blogger, Denise already won the award and I thought Bonnie and Judy were already pretty popular) I want you to meet some of my friends that may not be as well known. These are the blogs I try to visit daily and they all bring a little something different to my table even if I just lurk:
  1. **Annie's Quilt Orts - I love reading Annie's weekly orts - you never know what will show up next! She also inspires me with her mini quilts.
  2. **Daisy Hill Quilts - I started reading Michelle's blog because she was also making hexie diamonds. Then she started the Rose Star that I am dying to do.
  3. **Darling Millie - Millie is Millie - what can I say other than I often wonder if this is what my kids are thinking?!
  4. Field Trips in Fiber - Vicki dyes the most amazing fabrics and posts EQ designs to go along with the monthly palette.
  5. **FlossieBlossoms - Susan's skill at those bittie blocks amaze me
  6. Giraffe Dreams - Carol first got me hooked on shelfari.com to log the books I read and look for others. I really enjoy her weekly book reports and charity projects, especially for the indian reservation that I can't remember the name of. Oops.
  7. Making Scrap quilts from Stash - the name says it all! Mary is a very prolific quilt maker and traveler. I love to see her quilting designs
  8. Me & My Stitches - Have you seen Julie 's quilted jewelry? Stunning!
  9. Prairie Quilts - I love hearing about Nines Holiday Feasts with her family - another prolific quilter.
  10. **Quilting by the River - Connie has lots and lots of fun tutorials
  11. Quilting Twin & Pages from Me - OK, I know this is two blogs but they are twin sisters Keryn and Mereth, who are very prolific scrap quilters.
  12. Rogue Quilter - Janet makes lovely quilts and I always love her fabric selections
  13. **Scraps and Threadtales - Want to learn more about antique quilts? Be sure to visit this blog.
  14. **Sew Karen-ly Created - Karen designs some amazing quilts - I really like the mariner's compass style designs.
  15. **There's a cat on my quilt - Lauren was a real life friend from my LQS before she became a blogger. Her art quilts and devotion to local animal shelters is amazing
**With the exception of one blog, I was drawn to these blogs for many reasons other than cats but 8 of my 15 blogs talk about their cats!! I hope I didn't miss any cat references.

Once again, Squeaky, Midgie, Pepper and I thank you all for visiting our little blog and look forward to seeing you again!

6 comments:

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Thank you!

Janet O. said...

Thank you, Sarah. I am honored!

Lauren Sgranfetto said...

You are a sweetheart. I will post the info tomorrow night when I'm not semi- comatose like I am tonight!

Denise :) said...

Sarah, Sarah, Sarah ... I'm going to say it again: I *miss* you on the weekends! Here's to you, my versatile friend!! :)

Michelle said...

Thank you, Sarah.
I will have to wait until the weekend to have time to post but I will get around to it.
I will have to do a rough copy. Lol.

AnnieO said...

How nice! Glad you like to visit and thanks for leaving such lovely comments. I'll be posting about the award in a few days. Thanks so much!