Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Tea on Tuesday


Our Farmers' Market opened for the season this past weekend. One of the regular booths is a local woman who grows herbs and makes teas from them. This weekend I noticed she had a basket of tea strainers including the 3 olders ones pictured above. I have no idea how old they are but I loved them on sight and at only $2 each who could resist. I've been making tea for friends one cup at a time with the one good "sock" strainer that I have.

The larger strainer on the right could actually be used in a tea pot since it would hold 4 or more servings of loose tea.

The two smaller strainers have a hinge (think of the rounded end of a safety pin) and when you squeeze the top axis it opens the spoon. It has "Hong Kong" and "Stainless Steel Hong Kong" stamped on various parts.

And since I had new strainers I thought I should *finally* try the tea my friend brought me from Florida: Blood Orange Smoothie Tea. Delish! Why I am drinking hot tea when it's supposed to be 90F out is beyond me. I need to make iced tea some day and also the directions suggest cream for a latte or smoothie effect.

5 comments:

Me and My Stitches said...

Great finds - and you can drink hot tea any time, 90 degrees or not!

Denise :) said...

Haha! I agree *definitely* with the above sentiment! I drink hot tea year 'round, and I live in the deep south! I have a couple of the spoon strainers ... I like then best on larger, coarser loose teas (namely my herbal teas). Finer teas tend to get lost through the holes. The bigger strainer is fascinating looking! :)

Janet O. said...

What interesting looking "implements". I just have a mesh tea ball for the herb teas I drink occasionally, but never in 90 degree weather--are you kidding me?

Michelle said...

They say a hot drink cools you down........I don't believe it though.
I just use a tea bag.
The tea strainers look very interesting too.

wella said...

yummy love orange tea