Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Wednesday, July 07, 2021

Wednesday Weather Report #216 - 7/7/21

Friday was Hexie Club and since I (the only working member) had Friday off we moved the meeting to 1pm instead of 6pm so that we could also have potluck. It's a fun treat, only possible because I have Friday's off in the summer :)

The drive home was very armageddeon-y to the East but the sun was trying to break through to the West. I made it home between two heavy downpours.



Twice over the weekend, I walked to our local state park. Mind you, I leave as early in the morning as I can, trying to beat the heat on this long in and out walk. I've still never made it for sunrise - of course it does take ~50 minutes to get to the next picture location with another mile to go so I would need to leave quite early to make that happen. I keep trying...
 

In case anyone still questions how rural my area is: corn and hay fields as far as the eye can see, with one roadside tree there on the left. There used to be a lot more trees as windbreaks but in the fight to grow as much cow/people food as possible, those trees are being taken down to expand the fields.


This was a nice little treat waiting on my favorite bench on the Fourth of July. And yes, I carried it all the way back home to add to my small rock collection.

Turkey Vulture is that black smudge in the middle. LOL

My favorite bench is in the shade on the edge of the river gorge. The hot spells alternated with cool breezes as the thermals rose out of the gorge. If was fun to watch the Turkey Vultures rise and fall with the thermals but it's also a family joke that if the vultures are around, you aren't moving fast enough (they eat road kill, etc) and it's time to move on so I didn't stay long, knowing I had that long walk back home in the sun.

June 30, 2021 :: 80 F
July 1 - 6, 2021 :: 72 - 61 - 69 - 74 - 83 - 77 F


6 comments:

Julierose said...

What a lovely walking area--we are limited here by the fear of tick borne diseases....
It has been very hot and humid here--looks like we are in line for Tropical Storm Elsa on or about Friday morning...so battening down the hatches tomorrow...
Hugs stay safe Julierose

Annette Mandel said...

What dish did you make for the hexiology potluck? 😺

Janet O. said...

You live in beautiful country, Sarah!
I am such a wimp, if I knew I would have to walk home that long in the heat, I would not even go. I take my walks at dusk and enjoy the sunset, and the whole time it is pleasant. But, I don't walk nearly as far as you do!

Vireya said...

Beautiful spot to walk to.
I find it very sad that trees are sacrificed on agricultural land. It seems short-sighted to remove trees when they add so much to the environment.

Leonore Winterer said...

Your area looks absolutely beautiful. I'd love to take a vacation there! Not so sure about daily living, though, I guess if you don't drive you are pretty much screwed, aren't you?

ButterZ said...

Hi Sarah, it’s been nearly a year since your last blog post. Hope all is well.
Just wondering how your temperature quilt is going. Did you get it finished? I’d love to see some photos