Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Tuesday, August 03, 2021

The Bibliophile Files - 8/3/21

Have you missed me? I took a vacation to the Adirondacks and I'm having trouble getting back into the blog. I'll get back to it, I promise, I'm just not back at top speed yet while I work on some summer projects.

I finished 10 of these books while on an 11 day vacation. Woot! There was lots of hiking/walking and sitting around camp in the rain, allowing me much time to listen to some great books. I only climbed one mountain - it was such a bad experience that I nearly decided to never hike another mountain. I'm sure I'll change my mind eventually...

It's too many books to write about so I'll say that The library Book was probably my favorite of the month with Don't you Cry as a close second although there were at least 4 others that I really enjoyed. Lost Roses and Sunflower Sisters were the last in a wonderful Trilogy.

And now it's your turn - what have you read lately? Anything counts: novel, magazine, quilt patterns and cereal boxes!




7 comments:

MissPat said...

Read (or listened to):
Dutch House by Patchett
Big summer by Weiner
Nature's best hope (NF) by Tallamy
21st birthday by Patterson

Currently reading:
Jane Austen Society on audio
Bookwoman of Troublesome Creek by Richardson

Looking forward to a full report on your vacation on Friday.
Pat

Dotti in CT said...

Four Winds by Hannah Chasing the Gem by Wendy Offman

Dotti in CT said...

That was Coffman

Julierose said...

Sorry you had such a bad experience!! It can be so disappointing sometimes...
I am unable to walk more than down my hallway inside before the darn sciatica starts in...I miss my walks a lot--hoping that PT will bring my walking back..
Meanwhile I am re-reading the "Vera" Series by Anne Cleeves..and watching Youtube . Hugs, julierose

Leonore Winterer said...

The Paris Library was already on my TBR list, but a couple more made it on there! Personally, I just started book 7 of Diana Gabaldon's Outlander last month. That's going to keep me busy for a while!

Unknown said...

Hi, I just finished listening to THE HENNA ARTIST by Alka Joshi. I am waiting for the next one in the trilogy to become available. Should get it by Aug 14th.

I also listened to SNOW FLOWER AND THE SECRET FAN BY Lisa See, THE WOMAN WITH THE BLUE STAR by Pam Jenoff and LETTERS FROM PARIS by Juliet Blackwell.

Denise :) said...

I miss reading your posts!!!!!!!!!!! Just sayin. XO XO XO :)