Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Monday, November 29, 2010

Design Wall Monday - 11/29/10

Between the 3 turkey dinners I enjoyed, I spent parts of the long weekend working on my firemen blocks.

They are soooooo easy, brainless and addictive.

I am questioning that light blue in the upper right even tho it does match the blues in the fireman fabric. I only have enough red and blue cut out for what I think will be half the quilt. I could totally remove the light blue or add in more light blues.

What do y'all think?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah,
You are right.... take it out. The men are looking good.
qff

Chris said...

I would remove the light blue. I have to say anything goes with the fireman fabric LOL

Cherie in St Louis said...

I think you should leave it in and throw in a couple more light ones, both light blue and maybe even lighter brown ones......

Tamera said...

I like it with the dark blue and dark red. It's good contrast to the firemen fabric.

Quilter Kathy said...

I like the variety in values...throw in a couple more light ones and it won't stand out.

Charlene S said...

Just change the location of the light blue to closer to the firemen. Then if you don't like it remove it.

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

I agree! Leave the light one in, and add a couple more light blues, and a couple more lighter shades of your other colors too!

It looks great!
Bonnie

Jo said...

I LOVE variety.
Leave it and add a few more lights of the other colors. I want to make this block....but I'm committed to finish a few projects first.