Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Monday, April 16, 2012

Design Wall Monday - 4/16/12

Ok, sew I have no self control...I started another sew-a-long!!

This time it's six 6" finished stars. Not quite as cute a the 4" baskets but still cute.

The SAL is hosted by Pam Buda @ Heartspun Quilts and she's calling it Pocket Patchwork - Busy Work, based on the projects women stowed in their pockets in case they had a few minutes to spare. The SAL is actually half over already but I spent the last 3 weeks trying to talk myself out of another new project before I finally gave in. LOL.

 

I finished blocks 1 and 2 this weekend. I had planned to go more scrappy, as the pattern calls for, but decided I liked the first block enough to keep these fabrics for each block. She hasn't posted her layout yet but I am hoping to use that fern fabric for the sashing or borders since it was the color inspiration.

I'll get block 3 done sometime this week and will be looking forward to block 4 this Friday...

3 comments:

Janet O. said...

Oh, Sarah, they are pretty! I love the purple and tealish color together. Sure, just go ahead and tempt me when I already said I don't have time to do this!
You need to quit spending so much time trying to talk yourself out of things and just do it--you know you will! : )

Michelle said...

I like the blocks the way they are too.....

Denise :) said...

I commented on this on Monday -- I know I did. Where did my comment go?!?! I love this color combo -- it's terrific! I'm glad you're using it throughout. :)