Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Monday, September 17, 2012

DWM & HeLP!!

Hello! Hello! Yes, it is Design Wall Monday but it is also HeLP for Hexieaholics or Hexie Linky Party time. Woot Woot.

First a little housekeeping - my blog was spammed 50+ times this weekend with some wonderful drug buying opportunities so I had to turn on word verification. Trust me, I want if off as fast as you but I don't know how else to deter the spammers and I don't think moderation will do it but I am open to all suggestions. I'll leave it on for a week and hope they have moved on. Sorry :(

Sew, as some of you know, I went camping for another 4 days in the Adirondacks this past weekend. I took a few photos while leaf peeping and I'll post them later this week. I also got to do a lot of hexies!!! I worked on larger projects around the camp site but I also carried a smaller project on day trips to the museum, craft show and mountain climbing. Yup - I need a HeLP. LOL!

The first project I worked on was another Rose Star block. The pieces were already basted so I was able to get this block together my first evening. It needs a good pressing.


Again these Star Blossom pieces were all basted before my trip and the center was already together, but I got all the side sections together and just need to attach the last 4 to the mothership. I should be able to finish this in another evening. When I will have such an evening available, I do not yet know...


And last but not least, I also assembled these pre-basted kites into 4 centers for more hexie puzzles. I do not have the triangles basted yet but this is a nice small project I need to get packed for carrying around with me.


Oh and before I forget - look at the book that arrived while I was gone! I cannot wait to have some time to look this over - there are about a zillion ideas for piecing hexies in here. Have any of you ordered a copy yet? Kansas City Star/Pickeldish is selling them but if you order from the author she will autograph it. Lemme know if you need the web address.

UPDATE: Mickey's blog is http://itsafiberlife.blogspot.com/ and you can buy the book at http://www.mdquilts.com/shop.html


Now then - lets get some HeLP for my fellow hexieaholics - share the projects you have been working on or even dreaming about! I don't care if you haven't picked up the project in a week or a year, lets see what your projects are. They can be any shape, as long as they are English Paper Piecing. The only rule is that you must link to a specific blog post and not to your blog as a whole. Let the HeLP-ing begin and don't forget the next party will be October 17th!
!


12 comments:

Missy Shay said...

I had the same problem when I turned my word verification off. Last week someone made a suggestion that made a lot of sense. All of the spam was from older posts, so she said she turned on comment moderation for posts older than two weeks, I tried it and so far so good. I would leave word verification on for a week and then try it again.

Denise :) said...

Ditto what Missy said. I actually moderate posts older than five days, I think, to avoid the spam. Your hexies all look terrific! The kites are darling. Thank you for HeLPing me over the weekend, from the mountaintop!!! LOL! :)

Cathy Tomm said...

Love the blocks you have shown. Sorry for the spamming, I have one repeat spammer too but nothing like 50 in a few days.

Charon said...

Your hexies are terrific, please do show us the web site. They are sure a step above the normal hexies.

Melinda said...

Thanks for suggesting I join your Linky party.

Ladyquiltsalot said...

I linked mine wrong, can you fix it?
http://piecesofmyheart-ladyquiltsalot.blogspot.ca/2012/09/hexie-linky-party.html

Thanks!

AnnieO said...

Wow, those are fascinating hexie versions. Love the colors!

Janet O. said...

Have you set your comments to NOT accept anonymous comments. Any spam I get is anonymous. I haven't had word verification on for months and the only spam I get is anonymous.
Love all of the hexies--you are amazing!

Carla said...

Your rose stars are lovely Sarah. I hope to link up in a couple of days ; )

Me and My Stitches said...

Wow! Love your puzzle block! I have not seen those before. They are all great, but that one is my favorite. I have had some trouble with spam, but I usually turn the word verification on for a little while, then change it back. What a pain!

Michelle said...

Love all the blocks sarah !!
I will try to link up.....if I can.

Cathy Tomm said...

Thanks for the invite to the Help. I will try to find the party next month as I am late this time. Wow I could get in trouble looking at all that can be done with Hexagons.