Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Monday, May 12, 2014

Design Wall Monday - 5/12/14

I don't know about you but I had another hectic weekend. Saturday was an all day EMT training up in Buffalo (translate 2.5 hours driving and 8 hours of class). Lunch was excellent tho.

Mother's Day was spent at Genesee Country Village & Museum with Mom. It was not only opening weekend but also chocolate weekend! I'll share pictures of the choco and fashion show another day. I packed a lunch and we made a few stops on the way home where Dad grilled dinner. A good weekend but I was whooped given the middle of the night rescue call so I crashed on the couch, cuddling with my girls. You can translate all that to mean I didn't touch my sewing machine...again!


I've finished block #1 for Karen's Value Proposition QAL. I am not sure that my fabrics are exactly as described for the lesson but it was fun to dig through my strip bins to find coordinating fabrics and I like the block. Mom liked it enough to want to confiscate it. LOL!


I've also started on block #2. Interestingly I found a dark teal color similar to what I used in block #1. I have at least one more dark teal so I've committed to finding some more dark teals to be used with whatever scraps I have around and that will give me the continuity that I like for scrappy projects. :) I also changed the middle hexie in this block. It was supposed to be a fussy cut from a "dark medium" to match where I have the teal. Except I found this great (light) batik that matches the green and both greens match the tiny pineapples in the teal fabric. It was perfect so I took the liberty. Go me!

Block #3 will be posted this Friday. I am not holding my breath that I will be ready on time since I have something to do every evening this week, I have yet to start the May Hexie Blog BOM and I have several classes to prep for, but I am definitely looking forward to seeing what Karen has in store for us.


7 comments:

LuAnn said...

I have that same dark teal fabric but not much else in that same shade. It looks great with the red, and I love your block.

Janet O. said...

Yes, go you!!
You had a full week--and weekend. Does it ever let up?

Missy Shay said...

Sounds like you had a lot fun!

margaret said...

how lovely to spend the day with your Mum and Dad cook at the end of it! Hexies as usual look treat

Manuela said...

The block looks fantastic. I like your colors.

Greetings, Manuela

Karen H said...

Your block is fantastic - love the colours! My plan was to get everyone thinking about value first and colour second and that is exactly what you are doing! When the blocks are stitched together this will be a gorgeous quilt!

Carla said...

More beautiful hexies! I made my first cross block I think it's called? Can't find where you posted one :)