Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Monday, July 28, 2014

Design Wall Monday - 7/28/14

Given the weather when I was camping this year, I think I was pretty lazy. It was either raining or could be raining and who wants to go hiking or mountain climbing when it might start raining? That afforded me lots of time around the camp site, hiding from the rain under the new canopy Santa brought me early or sitting close to the fire after the cold front came through. I may not hex as fast as some people but I think I accomplished a lot for just 10 days :-)
 
The outer row/sashing of this Value Proposition block was partly completed when I left for vacation - I think I only had to finish 2 or 3 sides.

I may have mentioned that our local Hexie Group has a birthday club. At the beginning of the summer we pick a new size/shape and colors. For the next year, in the month of each participants birth, she will receive 6 basted 1.5" diamonds from each of the other girls. I think I have all but one set done now!

I think it was Chantal who encouraged me to work on my Rose Star/Owl project even tho I was going to try to catch up on some other projects. Typically, this project is only worked on while camping - some day I'll come up with an appropriate name for the project. I think this was the first project I used fussy cutting.

Unfortunately, I ran out of the kite papers to finish the block above or the second block below but I did as much as I could. Hopefully there are more papers at the LQS when I go for Hexie Group this Friday.

Next I worked on the flower block for The Hexie Blog's BOM - I think that was the June block. I had rearranged the layout a few times before I went on vacation and then just went with it. I really like the similar blues surrounded by purple. No idea what kind of flower this is but I'm sure it would be popular at the local nursery. LOL.

Next, I finished a POTC block. Two done...who knows how many more to do...

Over the course of the week, while I was hiking, I also worked on a twisted hexie. I had been asked for a tutorial on making these and I asked if she could wait until after vacation because I thought I could make a cool tute beside lakes and on mountain tops. Lets just hope the tute I hope to post on  Wednesday is a cool as I thought it would be.

And what am I working on now that I'm back home?

This is the BOM ice cream cone that should be done today. Most of it was done at the craft bazaar on Saturday. Can you guess my flavors? Mint ting-a-ling dripping over blackberry in a sugar cone. Yummo!!

And for some reason, I have just one more hex to finish on the sashing for this block. As soon as I hit publish I'll finish it :)

Don't forget a week from tomorrow is the next Bibliophile Files - I'll have a huge stack of books to share that I finished while camping!

12 comments:

Janet O. said...

You are a paper piecing fool, for sure, Sarah (and I mean that in the most loving way!). : )
Come see the paper pieced thing I posted. I thought of you (no, I didn't make it).

Ramona said...

Wow! All of your paper piecing is beautiful. I have not ventured into this area, yet, and am afraid to. I don't need another addiction!

Turid said...

I love your projects. So great your Hexie Blog BOM block. I fell out of that in May already. May be I should catch up?

Julierose said...

Your hexie projects are all lovely--I really like that flower--those blues sing out. Hugs, Julierose

Kate said...

Gorgeous hexie projects! You were certainly productive between hikes.

September Violets said...

These patterns are all so beautiful!! I'm surprised you can work on these while camping. We just got back from camping too, but I barely had time to sit and enjoy a cup of tea some afternoons! Wendy x

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Wow....such wonderful blocks.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

You are just smokin'!! Just gorgeous blocks and so many!

Missy Shay said...

I love the ice cream cone and flower! I think the flower would look great on a pillow!

margaret said...

You cerainly sticthed a plenty whilst away, such a shame about the weather, you should have come to the UK we have been having the best hot spell for years.

Manuela said...

Beautiful EPP blocks.

Greetings, Manuela

Denise :) said...

So many fun things to look at!! Every time I see a piece of the owl project, it makes me smile, smile! And your POTC project is gorgeous!!! :)