Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Monday, March 02, 2015

Design Wall Monday - 3/2/15

Saturday evening I attended a chili cook-off at one of the local churches. It was free-will-offering for eat-all-you-can-eat and there was a Chinese Basket Auction as well. All the proceeds went to our local food pantry. There were 14 chilies to test. My first choice was tied for 2nd place and my 2nd choice (pulled pork but it was too sweet) won first place. It was a lot of fun and already can't wait for next year's cook-off!!


First order of business over the weekend was to kit up most of my remaining Value Proposition blocks. I pulled in some new teal fabrics for these 4 kits. I'll have to finish these and then lay out all the blocks before cutting the last 2 kits in case I want to de/emphasize any colors in this scrappy project.


Second order of business was to do just a little more pink for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I found 1 of the box kites when unpacking the box I had packed for my quilting 101 class and then I made 2 more, bringing the total to a respectable 8. I made just one pink basket block and worked on 4 D4P Puss in the Corner blocks (only 1 is shown tho).


Next I worked on this months scrap color: Yellow!!! I kitted 8 box kite blocks (yes I use cheap hair clips from Dollar General to separate the parts) and cut or found strips for at least 5 or 6 more. Can you tell I like yellow??!! I also worked on starting some D4P blocks and started prepping strips for 3 basket blocks.


I finally got all my hexie fabrics cut for my iSpy project. I do have a pack of 5 more fabrics that I am debating to use. They are not good quality fabric but I love the designs so they will probably be next on the cutting mat. I saved 2 others - 1 for a project for our hexie club (hopefully there will be a charm square left) and the other is a rather large design that won't show well in an iSpy so I think I'll just save it for a doll quilt backing.


Last but not least, I've made some progress on rosette #1. It's probably a little hard to tell but I have 7 finished hexagons to be added to the right side of the outer row and the last mostly-black hexie from the 2nd row is almost finished. I just need to finish 4 more outer row hexagons to finish this rosette. I think I'll have the hexies made in 4 lunch hours and then I'll have to put this together sitting at the table since it's already a monster piece. I never did get to picking fabrics for the next rosette...

Phew...it was a fun but busy weekend and other than a crockpot meal, never did get to the housework. Darn!


6 comments:

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

You got a lot done! I'm excited for yellow too - it's my favorite color and will brighten up my winter doldrums. That rosette continues to amaze me.

Janet O. said...

My goodness, Sarah--stop!! Catch your breath, pet the kitties, take a nap! You must be going non-stop. I can't believe all you have going on here! : )

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Ok, so you didn't do housework ... did you do ANYTHING else besides working on all those blocks? Did you even sleep? You're so productive ... I want to be you when I grow up. ha!

Karen H said...

I'm loving your New Hexagon Millefiori rosette. The fussy cutting is fabulous and I can't wait to see it stitched together!

Chantal said...

Wow Sarah, you certainly were productive! I also love yellow. It is such a bright and happy color. You got a bunch of stuff done.

Denise :) said...

Gosh, this is just gorgeous!! I love your layout -- it's just SO fun!!! :)