My brother dropped off his pole trimmer for me to borrow last night. I'm guessing he placed it across the stairs to be obvious that it was there when I got home but to also be a sweet pain in my patookie :) No matter, cuz the resident security system immediately kicked in to protect the trimmer until I arrived. He also later wrangled the attached rope into and through his "castle" (the day lily patch on the right) when it was misbehaving behind my back.
I've recently been working on "the Bathroom Floor" at night while I watch DVDs of Private Practice and The Glades. It's my version of the hexie tile floor in my office bathroom. I have just 2 rows left at the bottom to have finished the 4 diamonds and then I'll begin the squaring off process so I can add the Seminole Piecing borders.
I've been using this mock-up from EQ7 to track my progress and you can see from the newly highlighted parts that I am definitely making progress in just a few weeks time.
|Finished setting pieces in the middle, fussy cut star parts in the tin and |
the newly trimmed pile of hexie-thirds on the right. I haven't counted how many setting
pieces I'll be needing yet but I think it's going to take a lot of fingers and toes.
And last but not least, after fussing cutting the rest of the fabrics for the rose star blocks a few weeks ago I was cleaning up their fabric "bin" and noticed some of the setting pieces were already trimmed and or basted so I took those to work for lunch time. I finished off those pieces this week and was cutting more fabric this morning when it dawned on me that if I baste all the hexie-thirds for the setting pieces I won't have any papers to stitch the actual stars. Duh! Instead, I pulled out a set of star pieces and brought that to work. This has traditionally been a camping only project but since I'm preparing to go camping in a few weeks I think I can finagle that as close enough...
Okie Dokie - time for all y'all to share your felines and hexie projects. Bonus points if you can get them in one link but feel free to link both separately if your QCO's are as uncooperative as mine was...