Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Design Floor Wednesday - 8/31/16

So, clearly, I haven't gotten my schedule settled at the beginning of this school tax season. For anyone that doesn't remember, during my lunch hour and then again after work, I go to the school to process payments. It really puts a kink in my lunch hour walks and blog writing. On the other hand I do get to buy yummy school lunches for just $2! Let's just say that for the next 2.5 months I'll be posting pretty short posts...


Before last week, the top three rose stars were attached to each other and the bottom right 4 were attached to each other (this is the mothership)

This week the top 3 were attached to the mothership. I also attached 4 background pieces to the left most star with the light blue center and then made 4 more background bits.

I have meetings the next 2 nights where I can make more background bits. And then there is the holiday weekend...beyond the end of summer house projects, I expect to do some hexies :)

Happy Hump Day!!


6 comments:

Janet O. said...

An amazing creation, Sarah. I look at it and wonder "How will she finish the edges?" I know--that isn't a decision that needs to be made now, but I am curious if you already know--will you cut it straight, applique it to a border, or who knows? : )

Vroomans' Quilts said...

No, not even going to attempt this one - lovely though.

Jo said...

It's looking good.

Pamela said...

Great progress!

Chantal said...

I love the mothership. It is so colorful! Always lovely when you can add some elements to said mothership. Gorgeous.

Angie in SoCal said...

Love those antique rose stars. This is going to be another gorgeous quilt.