I've shown you the finished teal/peach Jefferson Star but I don't think I ever shared the purple and green star. I wasn't sure about the darker green but I do think in the end it came out perfect.
I picked the fabrics for the peach star by starting with the darker burnt orange and then built the fabrics around it. I started the purple/green star with that dark purple. If you'll notice, both stars have a multi-color fabric in the center and then the rest of the coordinating fabrics are mostly tone-on-tone. I'm trying to follow that same concept on future stars. The star I'm currently working on doesn't quite fit the pattern but I'm hoping when the quilt (?) is big enough, this little change won't stick out so much.
I've got 3 more stars cut out waiting for spare stitching time. It does take a little forethought to get them glue basted on a flat surface before I feel like stitching on the go but I'm good for a while with these kits. Two of them started when I was trying to put fabric away and came across something I thought would work nicely. I don't think the fabric has been put away yet...
|Oops - maybe I best put these kits back in their baggies before |
the tail of doom dumps them on the floor!
And now, my friends, it's your turn to share your EPP projects. Just remember - any shape and any vintage project is free game to share - we are looking forward to seeing your projects!