Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Tuesday, July 17, 2018

HeLP for Hexie-aholics - 7/17/18

Hello and Welcome to another edition of Hexie Linky Party for Hexie-aholics!

And just to prove that it's really an incurable addiction I'm going to share a new project. I have a thing for basket blocks so I couldn't resist...



Janet's first reaction was that I could (should?) make these on a machine but then I countered that the project wouldn't be portable. We had a discussion on me taking a treadle or hand crank machine camping,  whether rotary cutting would be allowed in the primitive setting and later we added in the child sized antique ironing board that I haven't shared yet. In the end, it still wasn't quite portable enough so I kept to the hexies...

I've got one 8" block done - just 3 more to go. All the baskets will have the same brown fabric for the basket and the color placement (gold/green/neutral) will be the same in the other blocks but each with different fabrics.

The rest of the doll quilt will be probably be borders, maybe in a medallion style. You already knew it would be a doll quilt, right??!!

And now it's your turn to share your latest hexie project. It can be old or new, with any paper shape.




3 comments:

Janet O. said...

Okay, okay--so maybe my suggestions weren't too practical for camping. I'll concede.
I like what I am seeing here, but I wouldn't want to be the one stitching it. I think the color placement being consistent, but using different fabrics is a great idea.
On our recent trip to the Scottish Festival I did do a little stitching on my hexie project, but I didn't accomplish enough to be showing it off. :)

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty block! Hexi stitching sounds like a perfect camping project.

Denise :) said...

I love this!! It def needs to remain an EPP project!!! :)