Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Tuesday, February 05, 2019

The Bibliophile Files - 2/5/19

Hello and welcome to this months Bibliophile Files - a monthly list of the books I've read.

FINISHED
     The Night Circus - magic is not my usual genre which explains why this book felt too long.
     All the Missing Girls - This book was just 'eh' for the longest time I struggled with the reverse order of the book...until you read why it's in reverse order. There clearly wouldn't have been as much suspense in chronological order but it just felt drawn out as written.
     Dear Bob and Sue - a fantastic, humorous look at visiting all of the National Parks. Even more fun was their take on the parks I have been too. I'm looking forward to reading their follow up book.
     A Gathering of Secrets
     The War That Saved My Life - about the children of a delinquent mother evacuated during WWII
     Blond Hair, Blue Eyes -  a nice quick little precursor book to Pretty Girls which I have now requested from the library.
     The Bookshop of Yesterdays

IN PROGRESS
     On my iPhone: The War I Finally Won
     On my home stereo: Burn

And now it's your turn! What have you read recently?
Anything is game: novel, magazine, quilt pattern or cereal box.

Inlinkz Link Party

1 comment:

Leonore Winterer said...

I haven't read any of your books, but All the Missing girls sounds interesting! I'm just finishing up 'The Keeper of Lost Things' (which I'm super torn about, since I love one of the story lines but can't get into the other very much and I'm really curious how it will all be tied together) and started The Invisible Library, which I'm already loving much more than I thought I would!