Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Tuesday, March 05, 2019

The Bibliophile Files - 3/5/19

Hello and welcome to my monthly book list!

Apparently I haven't picked very exciting books recently as I have felt little need to read, read, read. It's a bummer cuz I currently have 4 books on my phone - 1 expired before I finished the first "file" and the others are looking that way too. I think the only book I didn't struggle with this month is the first one on the list, which really means I read most of it last month. I'm hoping that now we are on to a new month I'll find some good books and get my reading/listening mojo back!

FINISHED
     The War I Finally Won
     Burn - I have loved this series from the beginning (who doesn't love to hear about national parks?!) but felt this was such a wide departure from the usual single narrative that it was hard to get into and enjoy, especially given the dark story line. It wasn't even until the 4th CD that the 2 storylines actually merged so you could figure out *why* the second storyline was included. I am hoping the next book in this series is back to the usual "recipe".
     The Clockmaker's Daughter - I have made it a project to read all of Kate Mortons books. They are pretty formulaic in what I call a then and now story - intermingle flashback bits with the present until the 2 stories collide to explain a mystery or 2. This book had so many characters in many different time frames that I often was lost regarding which character was speaking in which time frame. All was solved in the end but it was a little vague after a 14 CD buildup.

IN PROGRESS
     Big Stone Gap

And now it's your turn to share. Have you read a novel, magazine, quilt pattern or cereal box?
Let's here about it on your blog or in the comments below...

Inlinkz Link Party

2 comments:

Barbara said...

I’ve finished quite a few books recently...a lot of short ones. The best one I read was one I finished a couple of days ago, called Get Well Soon by Jennifer Wright, about plagues and epidemics. Sounds awful, but it was actually very interesting. She writes like Mary Roach with a good mix of humor in a deadly topic (pun totally intended).

Leonore Winterer said...

I'm having a bit of a reading slump right now as well, but I think that's because I joined a reading challenge group and read a LOT in February. I'm getting back to it, though.