Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Wednesday, March 06, 2019

Wednesday Weather Report #94 - 3/6/19

And we now move into the tenth month of this temperature quilt. Hard to believe it's week 94 -- it feels like I started this quilt just a week or so ago...

February 27-28, 2019: 18 - 20 F
March 1-5, 2019: 33 - 35 - 31 - 19 - 18 F

June 1, 2018 to March 5, 2019

Still being sick and it's cold outside, everything has been bare minimum at my house which means more lying on the couch under a warm quilt than stitching. I'm at a decision point for Mr Serious' toe shadows so I worked on the next Underground Railroad block for hexie club. It's half done, which means the smaller/takes longer to stitch pieces are left. Ugh.

Clearly I need to finish up a few things on the temperature quilt. I still need to change out those bright greens for dark greens from last June and I need to attach the last bits to the bottoms of January and February.

I've also been considering if it was worth duplicating some of last years temps into the elongated hexies so that I could have a 2018 quilt that ran January to December and then move forward on the same calendar schedule for future quilts. It wouldn't take much work and it might alleviate all the questions of why June to May. Clearly I have too much time on hand while lounging on the couch....

Your turn - how's your weather?!

Inlinkz Link Party

4 comments:

Pamela said...

Hope you get to feeling better soon. It's great to see all your months together. Very colorful!
Here is my recent temperature quilt update. https://hokkaidokudasai.blogspot.com/2019/03/monday-morning-star-count-week-43.html

Janet O. said...

Rainy here--maybe turning to snow at some point this week.
Are you going to keep going with temp quilts every year? What shape is next?

Vroomans' Quilts said...

It's a hard 'sick' winter this year. Hope you feel better soon.

Leonore Winterer said...

I hope your feeling better!
I think it doesn't really matter which month you start your quilt in. What's June to May for you will just like January to December in the southern hemisphere!