Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Wednesday Weather Report #127 - 10/23/19

Yesterday was an odd day for me. I really needed to check my post office box which meant I needed to get to the post office by 5:45 when the lobby closes. I actually left work on time and was then home by 5:30 with no meetings to go to. That meant 5 hours to do what I wanted at home. Double Woot!

First chore was cleaning up the quilt lab and unpacking my trunk show. The lab is better than it was before but not perfect. Of course it has never been perfect and never will be :^)

October 16 - 22, 2019
53 - 45 - 47 - 54 - 60 - 63 - 57 F

Next up was catching up on my temp quilt. I had to add yesterday's elongated hexie to the week but I also had to attach the weeks for the last 2 months. It's been a busy school tax season, what can I say?

1/1/19 - 10/22/19

Too me, the best comparison is as follows: 2018 on the left and 2019 on the right. I know the black makes a difference but the 2018 winter reads more blue (30s) and the 2018 summer reads more orange/red (70/80s) to me while the 2019 seasons were pretty mixed color wise. Or you can also use the technical term of "all over the place." Not to rush things but ... I can't wait to have a third year to compare!!!

 

Most of yesterday was an overcast rainy day until I got home and then the sun came out. I'm not sure if it was the reflection of actual sun beams on the yellow leaves or the fall angle of the sun or whatever but the "yard" appeared really yellow. IRL the sky was darker and the leaves were brighter but I couldn't get the camera to capture that difference properly. I always struggle with sun/sky pictures - wish I could figure it out. Even my editing software couldn't perfect the photo.


And then this cutie this morning... 


I wish I had the live feature turned on as Z's jog across the leaves was just adorable. Guess what I'll be doing this weekend? Yipp - raking leaves...oh joy!


4 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

The quilts are oh so beautiful. The fact that they contain data and meaning is a plus, but I love the quilts regardless. Terrific fabric.

Pamela said...

Don't you love seeing the comparison? Your temps are very colorful. Mine? Well, not so much. https://hokkaidokudasai.blogspot.com/2019/10/monday-morning-star-count-week-24.html

ButterZ said...

Great work on the temp. quilt. The changing colours of the trees are beautiful. I love Autumn. The leaves do make a mess though.

Leonore Winterer said...

It's really interesting how the temperatures behave so differently this year. Especially how yours are so varied this year, while Pamela seems to draw one uni-coloured week after the other!