Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Tuesday, July 07, 2020

The Bibliophile Files - 7/7/20

Hello and welcome to a twofer since I bailed on posting my monthly reading list, or anything else, for the entire month of June.

A lot of this was accomplished while working at home periodically during lockdown - no phone or customers requiring me to start/stop the audiobook just hours of listening while I got a lot done. I have to tell you, as a periodic treat, working at home ain't so bad!

I have just 5 books left to finish my reading challenge** for the year. I enjoy a good challenge but now I'm looking forward to reading whatever I come across.


FINISHED
     Force of Nature
     Wolf Pack
     The Rising Sea
     Escape Clause
     'O' is for Outlaw
     Out of the Deep I Cry
     Exposed
     The Sentence is Death
     Everland - a different spin on Peter Pan and there are a few more in the series to check out.
     Death Qualified
     On Borrowed Time
     Orange is the New Black - it's surprising how close the tv show was to the book
     Evicted: Poverty and Profit in the American City
     All We Ever Wanted
     Oona Out of Order - Oona is living her life out of order so not everything makes sense at the time. It's a neat idea for explaining how actions affect the rest of our life no matter how much we try to change them.
     The Escape - this is getting a little weird...by happenstance this is the second book I've read during lockdown that ends up dealing with some kind of virus similar to current real life.

IN PROGRESS
   The 57 Bus


**For my challenge I read 44 books that had a word in the title that started with one of the letters in the following South African city: Tweebuffelsmeteenskootmorsdoodgeskietfontein. I've now started looking for another long-named city for next year (hopefully not a city with so many E's!!) but I'm open for suggestions!

And now it's your turn to share the books you have read in the past 2 months. Anything counts: novel, magazine, quilt pattern or cereal box!


4 comments:

Denise :) said...

Good show, sister - you got some quality reading in during the month of June! What do you have packed for the trip?!? :)

Julierose said...

I have a couple books ahead to read: Zig Zag Girl by Elly Griffiths, ' End in Tears by Ruth Rendell and The Glass Room by Ann Cleeves (am about 1/2 way through this one--it is really good!)
Enjoy your books ~ ~ ~ waving while turning the next page, julierose

Vireya said...

Congratulations on nearly finishing your challenge!

I'm having difficulty getting hold of good books to read. The library was shut for quite some time. It has re-opened (for now) but as every book has to be sanitised before borrowing, the turn-around is slow. I've got a few interesting books on hold, so hope my turn comes before they get shut down again!

Leonore Winterer said...

Nothing I know in your list, but Everland sounds pretty cool!
I'm reading a huge German high fantasy series right now (actually two series that run in paralel), just two more books (each 600+ pages) left to go, though!