Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Wednesday Weather Report #183 - 11/18/20

 We had a wind and rain storm create a little havoc Sunday evening...


It was hard to show in the picture but the top left & right edges of the bricks were leaning away from the wall. Shortly after the photo was taken Monday morning, the loose bricks were removed and the wooden wall was covered with plastic sheeting to protect it from yesterday's snow. Thankfully the bricks fell on the weekend instead of when cars are parked in the bank lot!



The building currently houses a bookstore/cafe, cable access, CPA and architect. This postcard is postmarked 1907 and shows a grocery store on the bottom floor - I'm not sure what was upstairs. The building to the right (now a parking lot) was a hotel before it burned.

November 11- 17, 2020
65 - 45 - 49 - 44 - 50 - 39 - 33 F

PS - as of yesterday it's 2 months until my birthday!! So far I have received cake blocks from Australia, Norway and several States in the US. There is still a lot of time to participate as I don't expect to start sewing them together until my birthday in January. I was hoping for a big party but I think we'll be on lockdown again so sewing will keep me busy in the snowstorm I'm hoping for. LOL. I promise to share pictures of the received blocks soon...


6 comments:

Vireya said...

That's dramatic! Good thing there was no-one there at the time.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Well, I think that we are more locked down and yelled at by the emperor, er, governor than I can stand. Now, I won't be able to get a haircut and it looks like more online shopping. No retreats in sight for sewing. Sigh.

MissPat said...

Oh my. I know where the book store is. Is the damage on the south wall of the building? You know, if you had a big party planned for the middle of January, there would be a huge snow storm. Better to wait and celebrate when it warms up again and everyone can be outside (like June or July, if we're lucky).
Pat

Denise :) said...

I like where your colors are going!!! You'll have purple up there in no time, won't you? What will you do if 2021 is crazier than 2020 and you get to those WOW! temps??! I love old buildings. I'm always happy when towns do what needs to be done to preserve them. I need to get on the ball on your birthday block!!!

Janet O. said...

Thanks for the reminder about the cake block!! I need to get on that!
That is a blessing that no one (or nothing) got hurt by the bricks!

Leonore Winterer said...

Wow, how scary to think that could have happened with people standing underneath! Are the bricks that fell the same as in the hunred-years-old photograph, I wonder?

I should really get sewing on that cake block, I suspect the mail might take a couple weeks to get to you...I just need to find a suitable white fabric and I can begin!