Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Monday, October 06, 2014

Design Wall Monday - 10/6/14

While this ought to be called I.Have.No.Self.Control…I’m actually leaning towards “Cotton Candy” based on the colors of the various components that I’m not yet showing. This will eventually become a table runner.

It’s like this…Friday night was hexie club and we finally picked an official name: For the Love of Hexies. Awesome, if I say so myself!!!!! On Saturday while working at the quilt store, the owner and I decided we needed a logo for the sign she was going to have made for our group.

Since the group has designated me as the lead troublemaker I started looking around and made an executive decision when something grabbed my attention. Of course, then I spent the rest of the afternoon surrounded by new fabrics and thinking about that great design and how I already had all the paper pieces needed. I was doomed from the beginning…you know that right?!

Since I’m paid in fabric, I picked out a focus fabric and 4 FQs to match. As soon as I got home I fiddled in my stash to find complimentary FQs (each rosette uses 4 shades of a color, black and WOW). I left it sitting out for the next day to make sure I liked them and then cut in to them last night.

And just to prove that I’m not just about the hexies and do use my design wall for more than parts storage...the start of a class sample for a Christmas twister class....

5 comments:

Janet O. said...

Head troublemaker--I like that! How appropriate!! : )

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

I've never heard of "self-control" Is that an Instagram term???? (giggle) I don't have any of that either.

Sure love your EPPing block.

margaret said...

what a lot to see on your design wall.I think the hexie club must be a lot of fun with you as chief trouble maker

Bonnie said...

Love the term head trouble maker! Nice Hexie star in progress.

Denise :) said...

Great name for your group -- and I can't think of a better person to be the lead troublemaker, either!! Haha! :)