Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Wednesday Weather Report #74 and HeLP for Hexie-aholics - 10/17/18

Hello and welcome to a double dipping of hexies today!!

I wish that I had a more exciting hexie project to share in addition to my weather quilt but that's all I have today. We'll blame it on a lack of photo taking skills after staying up wayyyyy too late watching the last 3 episodes of Call the Midwife season 7 last night after guild.

Hopefully you have something exciting to share~

79 - 66 - 47 - 47 - 54 - 62 - 47 F

The color is the best I could get it for this photo but you'll still need a bit of imagination... The cutting mat is traditional Olfa green and the three 40s hexies are a gorgeous teal color. The week was looking pretty tropical, color wise, but it certainly didn't feel tropical outside. Perfectly fall like but not tropical.

In fact, I finally closed the bedroom window last night. My bed it cozy with quilts blankets and one chummy cat but the house as a whole is getting quite nippy and I'm too cheap to turn on the heat yet. I might change my mind if those snow showers actually appear tonight and or Sunday.

Speaking of snow showers, I might even get to introduce a new color Sunday as our expected high is just 38F. Zorro stayed inside again today - even he knows the weather has taken a downturn that's ready to stay.

October 1-16, 2018

And now it's your turn! Are you making a temperature quilt? It doesn't have to be hexies - it can be any quilt style. You don't even have to wait until January to start - jump in any time!

Maybe you are making another EPP project? We would love to see it!




3 comments:

Pamela said...

Beautiful colors, but a bit early for highs in the 40's!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Yes, Northern Indiana is having temps about 10 degrees lower than the normal. I gave in and turned the heat up just a bit to take the chill off. My pooches don't care. There are squirrels in those trees and the dogs are dedicated to making sure their little squirrel feet don't hit the ground. Your weekly colors are pretty.
xx, Carol

Janet O. said...

Really--a high of 38?? Ouch!
I am not working on a temp quilt or hexies, or anything, for that matter. Haven't taken a stitch of any kind for almost two weeks. It is making me crazy!!