Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Thursday, October 18, 2018

It's the little things...

...that are entertaining me today....

I love the dark bluegray skies of fall against the fall leaves.
These storm clouds were replaced with perfect blue skies in just 15 minutes.

Yesterday I discovered at least 6 blossoms open on my azalea...
the same azalea that was less than dazzling this past spring.

This morning Z and I awoke to graupel (a soft hail, reminds me of Dippin' Dots).
It wasn't there when I got home from a rescue call at 3am so it was a nice surprise.

It's a new color day!!
Welcome Blue!

Mr Serious is cruising right along...
I estimate that I'm now 1/8 done after just 5 weeks.

5 comments:

Janet O. said...

I love that foreboding sky!!
Pretty Azalea. Since they don't grow around here, I don't know--are they very scented?
Graupel--what a great word. :)
That is pretty cold for midday this time of year, isn't it?
I wouldn't get that many hexies done in 5 years! Looking good.

Jo said...

Great hexie sewing. Changing skies are always interesting

Linda Swanekamp said...

Aren't these dramatic skies in WNY just terrific? Thanks for the photo. Also, thank you for your rescue emergency work. My life was saved by our town's team in February. Who knew, a heart attack? Really?

Barbara said...

Great photos. “Grauple,” now that’s a word I’ve heard before, but forgotten. We get that here in Oregon too, so I’ll have to hang onto that word.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Our sky looked just like that two days ago. We say "look at the snow clouds". We will have a rain/snow mix today. That does not make me happy.
xx, Carol