Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Wednesday, November 14, 2018

The Bibliophile Files - 11/14/18

Ever behind in blogging, reading and real life, here is my monthly book list. I've completed 66 books this year but I don't think I'll be hitting my goal of 90 with just 6 or 7 weeks left in the year.

And that's ok - life happened this year and that's just as, or more, important than books. Just don't tell my fav librarian I said that!

I fully expect to set next years goal to 90 again and we'll see how that goes. I might want to consider NOT adding several 1,000+ page books to next years reading list again tho...

FINISHED
     Astronaut Wives Club - an interesting read but as a "modern" girl, some of the expectations of the times were bothersome.
     The Nightingale - our annual book read for a club I belong to. A sad & disturbing WWII story that I would assume was fairly accurate and therefore educational on an era before my time.
     The Tattooist of Auschwitz - based on a real person!
     The Rules of Magic
     Long Lost - hmm - I seem to have started in the middle of a new series for me...
     Fifty Fifty - I am enjoying this series that takes place in the Outback of Australia
     The Paris Architect - about the transformation of an architect during WWII

IN PROGRESS
     Gideon's Sword - another new series for me!
     The Great Alone - this is an excellent but long audiobook. I didn't finish in my allotted time and it was automatically returned to the library, putting me at the end of an excruciatingly long list of people also waiting for it...

And now it's your turn...did you read any good books, novels, magazines, quilt patterns or cereal boxes??!!



2 comments:

Barbara said...

I have the Tattooist of Auchwitz on my Audible Wish List. Sounds like a good book. I just finished South of Broad by Pat Conway, which was great. I love his books. Wish he was still writing, but now he’s dead. Also, Trying to Save Piggy Snead, which was only good for the first half, and then got very boring. I kept hoping it would get good again, but it never did. Now I’m reading Made in America by Bill Bryson and Getting Better by Atul Gawande. I think I’ll set a goal in 2019 and start keeping better track of my books as you are. Adding your button to my blog this morning.

Denise :) said...

Hahaha! Sorry about the AWC ... I kinda enjoyed that aspect ... gave me SO much to be grateful for! TToA is on my to-read list. Have you A Gentleman in Moscow? I forget the author offhand, but it's wonderful. WONDERFUL! I'm reading essential oils books, Instant Pot cookbooks, and collecting Christmas themed romances for the holiday. LOL! :)