Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Wednesday, November 07, 2018

Wednesday Weather Report #77 - 11/7/18

I really wanted to post something on Monday but it's been a crazy busy week. I'll try to get my new bazaar items posted tomorrow. The good news is that fall job#2 should be done in about a week, giving me back my lunch hours for blogging and hexies! Well, and for eating of course.

And heck - I just realized that yesterday was the first Tuesday and we should have hosted The Bibliophile Files - I'll do that next Tuesday.

Only 2 weeks until a 4 day weekend! I. Can't. Wait!


We had a wind storm blow through last night (hahahaha). I had de-leafed the front lawn on Sunday but had run out of daylight to make a dent in the side yard. It's just as well because this tree is now pretty much bare. I forgot to check the maple tree in the back yard but I'm going to guess it's about the same.

October 31:  60 F
November 1-6: 43 - 51 - 41 - 46 - 54 - 60 F
Yipp we hit 60 on Halloween to begin the week and by the skin of our teeth we also hit 60 again to finish the week. I was willing to get a tad creative yesterday to hit 60 at 1pm (averaging the 4 weather apps on my phone: 58, 59, 61, 62....a strangely wide spread) but by 1:30 my main app was reading 60 so either way I'm good with 60 as yesterday's "official" temp. The rumor mill is calling for snow showers next week but I'm not getting excited until I see it...or shovel it!

October 1-31, 2018

I'm not sure if the QCO is upset with the workmanship or the weather. There have been many days that he has not liked the weather enuf to stay inside for the day so I'm going to guess my workmanship is up to par :)


And with the close of the October weather hexies, "we" are now officially into the 6th month of this year's temperature quilt.

Have you started a temp quilt? It doesn't have to be hexies - any quilt block would work. And please don't wait until January 1st. My January first came and went at least three times before I finally got this project started 5/17/2017. Once you get started you will also wonder why it took so long...




5 comments:

Pamela said...

I love what the cooler temperatures are doing to the colors of your quilt! It looks great!

Denise :) said...

I totes agree with Pamela up there -- the cooler temps are really shaking things up! Z looks like he's grinning in that pic! Do you not get Veteran's day?! I have a four day weekend this weekend, then a four day weekend the next weekend (Joc is having surgery and I'm taking Thursday off to watch the girls), and then a SIX DAY weekend over Thanksgiving (we get Wednesday and the following Monday, too). I will feel like I've hardly worked in November! LOL! I know you'll be glad when the second job is DONE! :)

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

You did choose great colors for the temps. It's given you a very nice color spread. Our weather has been in the high 40s into low 50s. Our weather person says our normal temp should be 54 this week. I'm telling you, when I was a kid, I don't remember ANY days in the 50s in November. We were all bundled up by now with flurries in the air. Our forecast says 2" of snow this weekend. And so it starts. We blew leaves to the curb yesterday...I'm afraid to open the curtains this morning, lol.
xx, Carol

Julierose said...

Your little temp quilt is so lovely--the colors are great...hugs, Julierose
P.S. Le quilt Inspector looks like a tough customer to please...lol

Janet O. said...

I think Z is saying he wants you to use your influence to get more orange days going forward. :)