Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Thursday, January 17, 2019

HeLP for Hexie-aholicss - 1/17/19

Hello Hello and Happy New Year! Welcome to our monthly Hexie Linky Party where we entertain EPP projects of any vintage or paper shape.

It's a brand new year - do you have a new hexie project or are you still working on old faithful? Today is the day to share!

As you are well aware, I am working on Mr Serious. I've just counted up the finished hexies and found it to be 1001 which makes me just 163 short of the half way mark!!!!

If my numbers have already made you crossseyed, you can skip to the end!

My original plan had been to take 9 months to stitch the top, leaving 3 months to quilt and bind the quilt. I also knew 3 months gave me lots of wiggle room, if needed, even tho they would be busy summer months. On Saturday I will be 19 weeks thru the 9 months with 20 weeks left to go. Where has the time flown?

The original math had told me 8 hexies a day would be sufficient while I had actually hoped for 10 a day knowing that some days I wouldn't even have time to stitch a single hexie. It's good to know that I have actually been keeping a 7.5 hexie a day pace so far despite many no hexie days. I had no idea I was so close to being on schedule.

It will be hard not to stitch all weekend, instead of doing some necessary chores, during the pending snow storm...wish me luck!

And now it's your turn - what are you working on? Did you start a new project? Pull out an old project? Finally succumb to starting a temperature quilt?




7 comments:

Janet O. said...

I admire what you have done here, Sarah. This has taken great dedication and consistency.
Why did the term "evil eye" just come to mind??? :)

Jo said...

Evil eye has his eye on you.... haha. It's looking great

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Oh WOW!! It is really starting to look like a cat!!
xx, Carol

Kathy S. said...

Wow, Mr. Serious is a serious quilt! Amazing! I'm new to EPP. I'm following along for sure!

I'm working on a temperature quilt as well. I'm using kite blocks.

Turid said...

So happy to hear that others have plans for a number of hexies a day. This quilt is exciting. I had to link my 17 000 hexies on a drone film.

Pamela said...

I love this! It really is amazing.

Leonore Winterer said...

I keep admiring Hexie projects, but haven't actually started one so far. If I just keep looking at your beautiful sewing long enough, I just might have to try, though...