Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Wednesday Weather Report #87 - 1/16/19

We're friends, right?! So I can be honest?

Righto then ... I haven't done a THING on my temperature quilt since last Tuesday beyond recording the daily temps at 1pm.

Instead I've been working on Mr Serious in anticipation of tomorrow's HeLP post:

The 3 cream hexies are the shading for the chin.
They are not quite as subtle in person.

What's that, you say? Oh yes, I know the color map is upside down but that's how I work on each strip so it's easier to just have the map upside down. In essence I am starting with what's closest to me and then stitching away from myself.

I'm working in strips by creating a 7 hexie rosette and then creating 6 hexie partial rosettes that fits onto the first rosette. This allows me to create a strip which is quite portable and easier to work with instead of the whole mothership.

I only need one more strip to complete the section that fits into and squares off the mothership. I doubt it will be ready for tomorrow but I'll do my best. No matter how far I get before I post tomorrow, I should be able to get a current count of completed hexies and rejigger the math to get back on a solid production schedule since I now have an install date of 9/6/19 for our exhibit at the Arts Council for Wyoming County.

Back to the weather...
It was a beautiful week with a touch of snow, a lot of sun and all in the purple and violet range!

29 - 21 - 17 - 23 - 19 - 25 - 27 F

I should have no problem catching up this weekend as a big storm is expected so I don't plan on going anywhere. Sunday should be in the single digits so it's time to pull out the next weather color :)

How are your temperature quilts coming? Any one new joining in? We would love to see your projects!!




6 comments:

Jo said...

Nice range of purples. Good plan with your Hexies. You definitely need a graph you can work with easily

Pamela said...

You have such cold temperatures this week! I can see why you want to work on Mr. Serious! Can't wait to see tomorrow's post.

Vireya said...

Happy birthday for tomorrow! I'm sending wishes early because it is already the 17th here, and tomorrow I have to go to work so I might forget. Have a great day!

Janet O. said...

Is it your birthday tomorrow?? How did I not know that?
Have a good one, Sarah! I hope you have some fun planned.
Just looking at your Mr. Serious chart makes me go cross-eyed and teary-eyed. Don't know how you do it!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Happy Birthday!! We will get a blast of sub zero weather starting on the weekend, after lake effect snow dumps a foot wherever the wind blows. The weather guy is saying south of Lake Michigan. Fingers crossed that it misses us.
xx, Carol

Leonore Winterer said...

You'll be caught up in no time! Do you usually work on the temperatures every day, or collect a few days before working on them?