Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Thursday, January 10, 2019

Another Serious Update

Yesterday was the four month mark for Mr Serious!

Am I on schedule? Nope, probably not even close.

Am I still trucking on? Oh hell yeah! And If things go as planned, I should be adding the first eye tonight!!!

It got to a point where the red/Mothership was just too large and cumbersome to be adding hexagons one at a time so when I moved to the black/face I started making hexies in strips. I started each strip with a rosette and then added partial rosettes until I got the length I wanted before adding it to the new black face section.

I'm not sure the two whites I'm using for the body have the contrast I need to delineate the chin so I'm trying to finish the black and then I'll go back to decide on one of the whites or a yellowy cream.

The plan is to finish this black/white section until it fits into the red/mothership and then stitch them together. That will mean that each column is the same length and I can get a good count of where I stand.

I'm not sure what I'll work on next - the brown table into the white body at the bottom left or continue with the face at the top right while also adding the yellow. I'm thinking I *should* do the brown/body to fill out and match the width of the red/mothership but I really want to dig in to that yellow! This is what we call impatience so I won't decide until this face section is done... Lord help me ...


4 comments:

Robin said...

Amazing work! And such patience~

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Oh man!! This is looking GREAT!
xx, Carol

Pamela said...

Looking good!

Jo said...

It's slowly growing