Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Friday, January 17, 2020

Everything Day!!!

It's hard to know where to start today - so many things to share - and there are lots of pictures so I'll just make a photo roll to share everything. Enjoy!!

Several of the trees in the village where I work have been
yarn bombed. They are all adorable but this snowman shows the snow
storm that arrived yesterday, just in time for my birthday. Woot!

"My" highway guys took me out for breakfast this morning!

There was even cake! Thankfully it was only 1 candle when
this is one of the bigger "9" birthdays.

But wait - later there was more cake from another coworker!

Have you ever seen a Birthday cactus?
This also blossomed for Halloween

It's been a while since I posted anything for HeLP but I have been
making progress on my Underground Rail Road blocks for hexie
club. This is birds in the air. 

In this basket is nearly 40 shoofly blocks waiting to be
pressed and trimmed with my bloc loc ruler. In the back
you can see 2 very important items for any quilting space.
Which 2 would you pick?

And what fun is time in the quilt lab if the Quality Control Officer is not
there sleeping on the job in his very own quilt lined plastic bin?

And last but not least is my favorite but injured feline. Due to fur matting and Z not wanting me to investigate, I'm not sure what caused the initial injury but he has now stopped limping and the matted fur is gone, leaving just a scab. The funny thing is the app my local vet uses sent Z a birthday wish this week. They used the first time he came to the office as a birthdate so in  reality, it's the anniversary of his first visit for an abscess. Boys will be boys, huh?!

And now it's your turn to share...do you have a furry friend to share for Feliine Friday? Or maybe you have a hexie project to share for HeLP?

Have an excellent weekend! It's sunny and cold here, the ground is covered in snow, my little old man is on the mend and I can't ask for much more...


8 comments:

ButterZ said...

So is it a HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you.... Do you have a great mini quilt you could suggest making. We have a challenge this year at our group... Miniatures.. total outside measurement is to be less than 96"...

Linda Swanekamp said...

Happy Birthday!! Love the photos and stories.

Vireya said...

Looks like everyone looked after you for your special day. Many happy returns!

Julierose said...

Very Happy Birthday to you--you have a road gang of guys? Oh my!! lol
Z looks so comfy all covered up there...
Oh the two little boxes of candy are totally necessary...hahaha
hugs, Julierose

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Hope you had a great birthday. I am always amazed when people are glad they got snow! I am happily anticipating a move to a warmer climate. Your kitty is just so pretty. I have no kitty pictures since I have 3 dogs who are happy that I have no kitties, lol.
Have a great weekend.
xx, Carol

Denise :) said...

So Z's birthday is YOUR birthday and vice versa, which is just as good as any, since you don't really know, right?! I'm glad you had a lot of happies in your day -- you DESERVE them all!!! Ummm...M&Ms would be the necessity for me! LOL! We think alike!! Have a great weekend; don't work too hard today and have fun tomorrow!! :)

MissPat said...

Happy Birthday to both you and Z. I agree that the M&Ms are essential and I can't tell what's in the other bowl, but if it's candy than that would be the second. I'm currently in FL so I don't really know how much cold and snow you are expecting, but I hope it doesn't last too long.
Pat

Leonore Winterer said...

Happy birthday! I'm glad to hear Z is doing better.