Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Wednesday, January 08, 2020

Wednesday Weather Report #138 - 1/8/20

I'm sure you won't be one iota surprised when I mention the weird weather we are having...

We are currently under a weather advisory in effect from 10pm last night to 6pm tonight with up to 8 inches of snow. So far it's only been about 2 inches and the skies were sunny and blue until I walked in to Walgreens during my lunch. Then it quickly switched to overcast, snowing and blowing at a pretty good clip before I could walk back out of the store. I often think the weather advisories are more like crying wolf because the weather is rarely what they predicted. But, just in case we are stranded, I stocked up on the after-Christmas choco sales!!

And in the end it doesn't matter because Saturday is looking at a high of 57F. Yes, my friends, we will be just 3 degrees shy of 60F (yellow) in the middle of January. We can't even call it a January Thaw because we haven't had time to accumulate or freeze anything yet this winter. I think a yellow day would add interest to this year's weather quilt but I really prefer cold and snow during the winter months. I particularly look forward to snow on a measly two days a year. The first has passed and it was NOT a white Christmas (didn't even need a coat) so I am still praying for snow on my birthday. That day is just around the corner but with rain and temps in the 40s between now and then, sadly, I won't be holding my breath.

January 1-7, 2020
28 - 45 - 46 - 33 - 32 - 33 - 34 F
Starting the year with a purple (hard to tell from the photo) was a nice touch. Any time now I'll get my act together and get 2019 off the design wall and basted onto a black background. I just need to decide what backing I'm using first. It's not like I don't have options for the backing, it's picking which of the many options I want to commit to...



Oh and look what I found in the Walmart fishing aisle! I now have a dedicated weather box that I can latch closed and don't have to worry about the weather getting scattered all over the floor. Sorry - couldn't resist! I've since topped off 9 of the piles (don't expect I'll need many more 90s/maroon or below zeros/white than I already have) and this layout is much easier to grab the color of the day. It's the little things that make a crazy hexie person happy :)


7 comments:

Denise :) said...

I'd probably get feisty for a little snow! We've had rain, rain, and more rain. I think I've complained about it to you before. *wink* We have storms, possible tornadoes and flooding in the forecast for Saturday. We're special! LOL! What a clever way to store your potential weather!! :)

Pamela said...

Great box to store your colors! I think the black will make a stunning background. Here is my up to date layout for year three - https://hokkaidokudasai.blogspot.com/2020/01/monday-morning-star-count-week-35.html

Julierose said...

that little box is just perfect!! that is a lot of snow in your forecast; so far we've just had a couple dustings. ok with me hugs, Julierose

Janet O. said...

We had a travel advisory on New Year's Day that amounted to just a few inches of snow in the mountain pass on the way to the quilt shop for their New Year's Day party. :)
Wow--yellow in all that blue would be stunning!
Wonderful storage container for the weather. Got a great chuckle out of "weather getting scattered all over the floor."
BTW, you and Denise may come visit if you'd like. We have snow in the forecast for the 11 out of the next 15 days. We will see how much of that we actually get.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Wish my quilts could fit in such a nice tiny box. We did not get the snow predicted, so you can have it your way. Birthday coming? Oh my. It supposed to be 58 on Saturday, so that might mess up your blues.

ButterZ said...

Great storage box to make it easier.

Leonore Winterer said...

We still haven't seen any snow at all this winter...crossing my fingers for your white birthday! I also love your new box setup, it's so nice and neat.