Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Friday, January 24, 2020

Feline Friday - 1/24/20

Yesterday Momma came home at lunch time and said that it was Bring Your Cat to Work Day!


I knew it wasn't an official holiday but for some reason I didn't hesitate when she offered to put me in the PTU. I regretted the decision as soon as we got in to the car. What was I thinking??!!?? I've *never* gotten in the PTU without a fuss.


Momma brought my favorite towel to sit on and there were even crunchies for snacking.


But I really preferred to be under her desk or in the PTU where no one could see me and I couldn't hear all the big trucks that drive by Momma's office every day.

At the end of the day we got in the car again but we didn't go home. Nooooooo.  We went to another office but it was somebody else's office.

Stink eye!!!!

Momma told the vet lady that she was worried about "my little arm". It had become a little more swollen and there was a lump that came and almost went away. The vet lady said there probably had been an abscess that drained and it looked ok for now but Momma has to keep an eye on it. Then the lady and another lady tag teamed me and stuck me with a needle. Oww! Momma said it was easier than trying to get me to eat pills but nobody asked me what **I** prefurrrred.

Finally we got in the car again and Momma let me out of the PTU for the drive home. I looked around the car for a bit but found that the best spot was really on Momma's lap. It wasn't the most comfortable tho cuz I was really sitting on this big wheel thing over her lap. Momma wasn't happy but she gave me lots of scritches when we got home

Remind me not to get in the PTU or attend BYCTWD again soon. Okay?!



PTU = Prisoner Transport Unit


5 comments:

Janet O. said...

So Bring Your Cat To Work Day is code for "the vet appointment is just after work and on the way home"? Sneaky Momma! ;)

Linda Swanekamp said...

I had to laugh. My husband and I both had such junkers in our early years we called them PTUs, meaning personal transportation units. That was the best we could call them. If I have to take Tugger to the vet, I have to put a grandkid in the backseat along with the PTU as he will howl loud enough to make you crazy on the drive. The grandkid speaks to and scratches his head and keeps the howls under control.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Sorry Z, I'm going with your Mom on this one. Her deception was in your best interest. Yes, sometimes we cat Mothers have tricks and treats.

Denise :) said...

Good plot; well constructed and carried out! Z will have to up his game to stay ahead of his mama!! Glad the vet wasn't too worried about his injury. :)

Leonore Winterer said...

We used to have a cat living at our university campus. It was so nice to see him throughout the day, and I dearly miss him, so I wouldn't mind if someone brought their cat to work! Glad to hear Z is okay.