Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Wednesday Weather Report #144 - 2/19/20

The weather app said we wouldn't have any snow for the next 2 weeks. And yet it's been snowing on and off all day. As a friend said - the weather peeps might want to look out a window.

Luckily it was sunny and bright today with big, fluffy flakes that didn't accumulate. Gorgeous! It was very much like shaking a snow globe.

February 12-18, 2020
36 - 32 - 11 - 27 - 37 - 33 - 43 F

Last weekend I spent a couple hours each on 3 different projects. I made a decent amount of progress but never thought to photograph any of those 3 - just my progress on this next Underground Railroad block. I spent all day Sunday in my jammies, on the couch watching DVDs and stitching this block. There were lots of kitty cuddles and it was divine to just enjoy the day.



The teal is a lot brighter than I expected with the block almost finished. Funny how cutting a piece from a FQ can actually change how a batik looks. I'm not worried about it because I like how the block looks and it will work great with the other bright blocks.

I think I only have 2.5 more blocks to finish. They are all kitted but the half finished 100-piece Carpenters Wheel is a slowly progressing block for me - partly cuz I keep prioritizing other hexie projects in order to ignore the tiny pieces. I'm excited about my triple sashing idea but I'm trying to force myself to finish the blocks first. One bite of the elephant at a time, right?


3 comments:

Denise :) said...

My favorite colors in the past week's weather! No pink, though! Ah well. Your block is very striking! :)

Julierose said...

We've not had any snow here (almost) at all--perhaps a few little spritz's back in December...just rain and/or cold and windy...I think if i made a temp quilt it would be all gray for the past 2 months...
ah well, no complaints I guess--just seems strange...
I like your log cabin block with those batiks...nice work hugs, Julierose

Leonore Winterer said...

I am happy to report that we finally had some snow today! Not sure it'll stay, though.
Your block looks great!