Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Wednesday, March 04, 2020

Wednesday Weather Report #146 - 3/4/20

It's been a weather roller coaster again this week: we had a blizzard, a lake effect snow storm and several rain storms. Mother Nature is off her meds *again*! I have no idea what to expect next...

February 26-29, 2020 :: 34 - 22 - 24 - 18 F
March 1- 3, 2020 :: 36 - 52 - 47 F

I finished the Carpenter's Wheel block. It was amazing how quickly I finished the last quarter of the block given how long the first quarter took me. I was just dreading those 100 pieces.


And I'm almost done with this Wagon Wheel block - 2 more seams and then applique it to a background.  I actually glued these pieces - curves are easier with glue and the center didn't need to be basted. The center of the wheel should be covered with a circle but I'm pretty sure I'll stitch a hexie instead. Wink. I have just one more Underground Railroad block to finish and then I can start working on my triple sashing idea.


I am pretty sure this is 4 paws of approval for my Irish Chain Quilt! The overall quilt is 7x9 blocks and I just have 3 more long seams to put the whole top together - two of which are already pinned. I've been working on it piecemeal between chores. Kind of a quickie reward for cleaning the fridge kind of thing.


Happy Hump Day!!


3 comments:

Julierose said...

WOW you've really had "weather" for sure!! I love that Dresden--so pretty hugs, Julierose

Janet O. said...

Wild weather swings, for sure. However, I guess we are similar. Woke to 6" of snow on March first and today we are in the 50s.
Your Carpenter's Wheel block is very striking, but the Wagon Wheel really grabbed my attention!
Wish a pretty Irish Chain quilt would materialize when I clean my fridge!

Leonore Winterer said...

I hope the weather will calm down a little, but your progress looks great. Love the wagon wheel!