Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Wednesday Weather Report #147 - 3/11/20

Only in Small Town America does it take 35 minutes to pick up take-out at the restaurant 3 doors down from work. Hahahaha! I chatted with an old co-worker and his wife and then chatted with a neighbor and his wife who asked if he could use his high-level metal detector on my "virgin" yard. Oh, yes, please! There were plenty of other people to say hi to as well.

We tried a little bit of everything spring-like this week!

March 4 -10, 2020
40 - 41 - 34 - 32 - 51 - 62 - 53 F

I think I need to do a little more scientific research but it *feels* like we don't spend much time in the 40's/teal. It feels like we often jump straight from the 30s/blue to the 50s/green and viceversa,  so it was nice to start off with a couple of warm-ish days.


This - my friends - is the very last of my Underground Rail Road blocks for hexie club!!! I had originally prepped a blue batik for those outside triangles but discovered I had used that blue already. In the grand scheme the duplication didn't matter much more than it was the only duplication in the whole quilt but it still bugged me. I went digging a little, discovered there was actually a lot of blue in the other blocks and then found this green that works nicely. It matches the greens in the center of this block, pulls out the greens in some other blocks and will match the green in the border fabric.  As Chantal told me, it was meant to be...


2 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Great blocks, it is going to be a wonderful quilt. Love seeing the temp. hexies.

Leonore Winterer said...

Your temperatures are all over the place! And these teals are so pretty; shame they are not used more.