Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Wednesday, April 08, 2020

Wednesday Weather Report #151 - 4/8/20

It hasn't been a bad start to April but it certainly negates what I previously said about not many days in the 40s (teal). I had meant to count the teal hexies from the last two years but forgot. Let's just say that we are already close to surpassing last year's teal day count. 

April 1 - 7, 2020
43 - 46 - 40 - 46 - 48 - 54 - 59 F

I finally finished a full block for the Swivel. Since the mystery quilt kind of stops at this point, I'll need to design something further to get this to doll quilt side.


Needing a break from all those long pointy triangles, I pulled out a UFO. These 4" kaleidoscope blocks were from an exchange we did in hexie club back in 2018. It's a nice easy change of pace.


And just because they seem to be my new favorite size, when I saw that Temecula Quilt Company was starting a new stitch along called #stayathomesampler for April's lockdown I just had to join in.  3 blocks down, 2 to catch up on.


I'm pulling my colors from the partial mini charm pack shown at the top.

Have you joined any stitch-a-longs during lockdown?

Is your state/country even on lockdown? I hear there are about 10 states that are not on lock down yet...


3 comments:

Janet O. said...

Looks like pleasant weather to me.
Wow--that block out of hexie fabrics looks incredible!
Sarah, when you need a break from one hexie project, why do you choose another one? ;)
Love the little Temecula blocks.
Have joined NO SALs, unless you count making masks. That appears to be a SAL, from the looks of so many blogs. LOL
We are not on lockdown in Utah. We are being told to "Stay Safe: Stay Home", but it isn't a lockdown. Parks are closed, schools are closed, most businesses are closed except grocery stores, pharmacies, and what are termed "essential industries." Hubby works for one of those. All of the employees have been given masks that they must wear in the hallways or "common" areas, but may do without when they are alone in their office (if they have an office, which he does). They take all employee temperatures every day. Anyone who can work from home is encouraged to do so. Hubby goes to work in the morning and works from home in the afternoon.

MissPat said...

I really like that swivel block, but not enough to deal with all those triangles.
Watch out for Friday's temperature. We're only going to be in the high 30's and you're usually a bit colder than we are.
I don't really mind being stuck home in this weather, but I do resent not being able to go to the grocery store. Guess I finally need to make a mask so I can go buy milk and beer.
Pat

Leonore Winterer said...

That swivel block looks amazing, I LOVE the colours! You did a great job finishing all these blocks.
I joined a tiny cross stitch SAL, the Mini Magical Mystery, for the time of the lockdown. Each design is just 30x30 stitches and a few stitches are released each day. We're on the 3rd one now!
Germany is on lockdown (kind of) but talking about lifting some restrictions by the beginning of May. We'll see how that goes.