Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Friday, September 18, 2020

Feline Friday - 9/18/20

We are still walking down memory lane towards Zorro's Gotcha Day at the end of the month...

Today's old photo makes me think about all the nicknames we give our pets. 


Zorro, before his Gotcha Day, was The Introoder and then Mr Peepers as he was always peeping in the windows, wanting in. Zorro, of course, is because of his mask and cape. Then he became the Dork for doing everything backwards. Eventually he became the Z-Man or just Z. 

Now a days I also call him my little Monkey (he's always up to some kind of monkey business), Turkey (I recently found out he might be a Turkish Angora), SnickeyDo (short for snicker doodle - can't remember how that even started), Bubba or my current fav, Bubby (Bubba + Baby).

Does your cat have a couple nicknames?


4 comments:

Julierose said...

My cat was named Clara Schumann (hubster and I are both musicians) but she was called Schumee, the Shu-fer, Shu-shu and sometimes "that darn cat!!" as a little kitten she loved to sleep in Tom's shoes...;)))

She was a lovely calico...we do miss her...she had the loudest purr...
Mr. "Z-man" would have loved her...(or maybe not??? hahaha)
Hugs for a lovely weekend Julierose

Janet O. said...

I particularly recall you calling Z The Introoder. I got a kick out of that one.
My family had cats when I was a teenager, and I don't recall any nicknames beyond the normal shortening of a name. Haven't had cats since I moved out of my parents' home. Having a child with severe allergies limits what you can bring into your home. We had tropical fish, because our one attempt at having a cat sent my daughter in for steroid shots to get over the severe reaction she had within 24 hours of the cat coming to our home. We had to move the cat outdoors (slept inside in a hall off the garage), and it was run over by the school bus just a few weeks later. Just couldn't do that again.

Denise :) said...

I liked Introoder, too! We had all kinds of nicknames for Gwenevere. Gwen, Lady Gwen (which sometimes just shortened to Lady or m'Lady), Gweneth-vereth, Genny, Genny-benny, Sassypants, Gen . . . Stinkin' Cat a time or two. It's funny, isn't it, how the names develop? :)

Leonore Winterer said...

I don't have a cat, but my MIL does, and my BIL has a couple hilarious nicknames for him - most of them food related :D