Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Wednesday Weather Report #193 - 1/27/21

I'm not sure what I'm doing right but ....  my little cactus is blossoming again! 


It blossoms at the most random times which makes it really hard to try to replicate what makes it blossom. I also have a mistletoe cactus which looks like it might be getting ready to blossom. The friend who gave me the cutting said it blossoms in the spring but some online research says it can blossom at any time of the year. I think I'll just keep doing what I'm doing and not rock the boat. I find it's the best way to deal with plants who seem to be happy.

January 20 - 26, 2021
22 - 33 - 28 - 18 - 23 - 32 - 28 F

It's been a pretty mild January in the grand scheme of things - our average for the month so far is 31.2F. This is the fourth January of my project and previous years have had a much wider range during the month. The lowest being -1 in 2018 and the highest of 64 last year. That's quite a range! This year's min/18 and max/40 are pretty boring in comparison.

Did you notice the symmetry of this week's colors/temps? I know - I'm amused by the craziest things.  

Happy Hump Day!


7 comments:

Janet O. said...

That is such a fun sight to see the blooming cactus.
I can't even get my 5 Christmas Cactus plants to bloom consistently.
I just focus on the success of my orchids and African Violets. :)
That is a very pretty color scheme for the past week.

Julierose said...

What a nice surprise your cactus is giving you!! I have nothing blooming right now...my Christmas Cacti have already done their showy blossoms for now...my last African Violet just all of a sudden died...I have no idea what I did or didn't do to it!! So for now, it's just greenery around here...

It's getting colder here this week--and we are expected to get a frigid blast starting this afternoon..nice to stay in and sew...
Pretty January colors...hugs and stay warm Julierose

Denise :) said...

Girl ... your temps are right in the heart of my favorite colors! I like a little broader range (into the greens), but BAM! I could settle in right there. Yummy! Your tiny little cactus flower is so precious!!!! So I just decided, if I were to ever get a tattoo, which isn't (at this point) likely, I'd get a tiny little flower on the pad of my index finger. Because. :)

Linda Swanekamp said...

Well, it sure is cold today. My Christmas cactus always bloom when they want and it is never the same each year. I am just glad they bloom.

MissPat said...

No real cactus here, just Christmas and Thanksgiving and they aren't really cacti and bloom whenever they feel like it, often twice a year. Also have some African violets blooming and 4 orchids have buds.
Are you using the same shape for your temperature quilt this year? I thought you changed to calendar year after the first year. Regardless, this week's colors are certainly going to change. It was 12 degrees one morning this week and 15 degrees today. Of course by 1 PM, which I think is the time you use, the overnight lows have usually warmed up significantly.
Pat

Vireya said...

Pretty cactus flower!

I like the symmetry of this week's colours. That sort of thing appeals to me too.

Leonore Winterer said...

What a pretty cactus flower! Your temperatures might be boring, but they are pretty. I was hoping for a nice all blue and purple january but of course I had two green days leak in there!