Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Friday, March 12, 2021

Feline Friday - 3/12/21

Uncle Tommy has taken up making maple syrup!!

He's tapped trees at his house, GrandPoppa's house and 2 trees at my house for a total of 10 taps.




Every morning and evening Momma and I trek out to our trees to see how much sap there is. It's a easier trek now that the snow has melted. Then Momma tells Uncle Tommy how much there is and Auntie Kristie picks it up after work. 

Uncle Tommy boils sap (up to 10 gallons a day) from when he gets home from work until he goes to bed. We've seen pictures of the maple syrup but I haven't gotten a taste yet. Momma says the sap wasn't that sweet so I don't know why everyone is so excited about the syrup...it's certainly a lot of work!


6 comments:

Vireya said...

Wow, home-made maple syrup!

ButterZ said...

Wow the maple syrup sounds interesting. I love maple syrup. But I’m not sure how it is produced,,, it does need to be sweet.

MissPat said...

There's nothing like real Maple Syrup, but what an effort to make it. Easy to see why the real stuff is so expensive.
Pat

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

You are a faithful worker Z=man and it will make the maple syrup all the sweeter

Janet O. said...

Does Z get paid for snoopervising?
Have they tapped your trees every year?
When our daughter lived in New Hampshire she would sometimes send us maple syrup that friends had made. She helped one day and said it was a lot of work. I love real maple syrup and totally understand why it costs so much!

Leonore Winterer said...

I didn't know you could just make acorn syrup at home but I don't know why I didn't think about it! I still think it's really cool, though.