Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Monday, November 12, 2012

Design Wall Monday - 11/12/12

I need your opinion...sew what else is new, right!?

This little cat panel was gifted to me so long ago I can't even really remember where I got it. Around the center is a braid and then some white with tiny flowers. The white is not cut even and if I was to have a proper seam allowance, would only leave 1/4".


My question for y'all is would you add something to the middle to separate the braid of the panel from the braid I have sewn together? I am thinking yes but I haven't decided what it should be since I don't think I can find the same white with tiny flowers fabric. I am happy to piece something or just a plain fabric border. I suppose I could even cut off the braid of the panel and just add my pieced panel.

Help me out...Pretty Please with sugar on top!!


PS - Don't forget HeLP for Hexie-aholics is this Saturday, 11/17/12!!!

5 comments:

Missy Shay said...

I love the way it looks in the picture, please do not cut off the braid. You could always use the white from your braid if you want a border in the middle.

Denise :) said...

I totally agree with Missy -- please do not change a thing! :)

Janet O. said...

I like that you have echoed the braid in the fabric. I wouldn't eliminate it. If you can sew your braid on and still leave that little pink edge I wouldn't add anything else. Just mho!

Michelle said...

I like it the way it is too....
Cute kittie fabric !!

Anonymous said...

I agree with everyone - it looks so pretty as is.
Lillian
lillianscupboard.wordpress.com