Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Monday, June 23, 2014

Design Wall Monday - 6/23/14

What did you do for Quilt in Public Day on Saturday? Luckily my hexie group had been invited by the local Arts Council to be in their booth for opening day of the Perry Farmers' Market. I'm not sure it was planned to be QIPD but I certainly took advantage!


Many people stopped by our booth and you can see we got some chatting in as we all worked on our projects. I finished sewing a larger rosette of my Twisted hexies (you can almost see it on the table) but then moved on to working on my latest Value Proposition block.


After the Market I spent the afternoon working at the LQS where I was thrilled to find 2 fabrics to use for my triple sashing. I do believe the next time you see this block it will at least have some of the sashing on it!

Here's hoping y'all had a good Quilting in Public Day!!!


5 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I had never heard of the quilting in public Saturday before - saw it on another blog, too. looks like you had a grand day.

Janet O. said...

Who knew?
I went to a family reunion and a Hula recital. I don't think either one would count as quilting in public--not even in private. : )

Karen H said...

Never heard of QIPD although I do it quite often, especially if I'm travelling on public transit! Your VP block looks great!

Missy Shay said...

I did not know about QIPD, that would have been fun!

September Violets said...

I didn't know there was such a day ... gosh, I thought breastfeeding in public was a big step!! Enjoy your week :) Wendy x