Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Monday, July 27, 2015

Design Wall Monday - 7/27/15

Dang! How did it get to be almost August already??!!


On Saturday part of our hexie club did a demo at the local Farmers' Market. We handed out many free kits and several people tried it right then and there. There is at least 1 new hexiologist in the world because she came into the store while I was working Sunday and bought a bunch of supplies to make several Christmas presents. Woo Hoo! She has been invited to attend out monthly meetings so I hope she comes.

I spent the rest of the weekend working on projects for the fair. This girl loves a deadline and with the fair in less then two weeks we are definitely in deadline mode! I'm pretty sure this is the furthest behind I have been in years.


I started these blocks in Bonnie Hunter's class last October. I have all the star blocks sewn together and the 2 end borders are almost done. I think the table runner will be about 15" x 48" when it's done. I picked a green for the background but I have yet to pick binding fabric yet.

You can see the green for the runner in the rear left, under the remaining 2" of gold.

And I spent a lot of time stitching this dolly quilt (for the doll/cat bed!!) - it's too bad my math skills stink and I didn't have enough hexies basted to finish last night. Maybe if I blow off mowing the yard yet again, I can finish tonight. ..


11 comments:

Jill said...

I love your dolly quilt...gorgeous!

Lori in South Dakota said...

I'm on a deadline too--I'll cheer you go! GO GIRL GO!!!

Janet O. said...

You enabler, you!
Love your Sister's Choice. That is on my bucket list.
Wow, that is a very fancy-shmancy quilt for the cat bed. I hope they appreciate it. (Well, I know Zorro won't.)

Pamela said...

The cats will love the quilt for their bed. I'm in favor of stitching over cutting the grass!

margaret said...

what a good way to get new stitchers. Best of luck finishing things for the fair, I have every confidence that you will do it. Love the little bed blanket. Wish I could get out to cut the grass here but it is raining and cold, would never believe it was summer time

Dar said...

Your star blocks are bright and cheery with the yellow and white sashing coming along. Your dolly quilt is pretty too. Good luck in getting everything done for your fair. You may have to give up some sleep to accomplish everything.

Jo said...

I'm sure you will get there. Are those hexies for the cat bed.. Doll blanket... Is it about a pillow case size...

Michelle said...

Love the Sister's Choice quilt/blocks. One of my favorites!

Karen H said...

So you are dealing hexies now are you? Way to go girl!

Is the new little bed quilt for Z or little Midgie? It is very pretty!

Missy Shay said...

That sounds like so much fun!

Denise :) said...

I loved seeing these pics and knowing I'm ahead of the whole rest of the world!! :) Way to go, recruiting more hexiologists!! Power to the hexies! :)