I spent a great deal of the weekend and part of last week attaching the bottom border to the owl quilt.
It really was a case of bribery for most of the weekend: I would listen to one CD of my audiobook while sewing on the mystery quilt and then watch one episode of 'New Tricks' while stitching on the owl border. I resort to this bribery a lot or I'll never work on a second project, including housework.
Anyway...I finished attaching the bottom border Monday evening. Then I started basting more turquoise hexies for a change of pace but tonight I'm going to start attaching the left border.
I still need to create the right border and finish the top border before they can be attached. Then I hope to get another row or so top and bottom to at least get this quilt square, if not "portrait" rectangular instead of "landscape" due to poor planning by the designer (that would be me!). And then I'll fill in the top and bottom with half hexies. The end is in sight altho I know it's still many weeks away...