Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Wednesday Weather Report #9

Sorry - can't show you this week's rosette just yet. I promise I'll show it next week.
Just think more orange (70s) and rain. Boo.

Taken in front of the firehall.
To the right is the new Town Hall.
Across the street is the original Bank of Castile branch.
The above photo was taken a week ago but I could have just as easily taken it any day in the last few weeks... Mother Nature is not playing nice this year. Think flooding, hail, lightening hitting trees.


Above are the first 8 weeks of this project. You maybe recall from my first post on this project that I was only going to have 5 rosettes across the top row with blank corners. Are you be surprised to know that I changed that plan. I don't have enough to share with you yet on Design B but I think it's pretty awesome.

#1 priority is to finish the owl quilt for the county fair in August and then I'll get back to my idea for the temperature quilt.

Also, you may have noticed that I started on the left for row #1 but #2 is starting on the right. I think the colors will flow more when subsequent rosettes are near each other. Then again, I'm floating in a fog of too much to do and overthinking it...




4 comments:

Vireya said...

I'll be interested to see your new layout as it develops.

Pamela said...

Can't wait to see your new idea for the design.

Janet O. said...

I love dark and stormy skies--if they aren't destructive, but it sounds like yours have been.
Okay, you have me curious, but not surprised, by your change of plans. Better spill it soon! :)

Vroomans' Quilts said...

The storms have been so spuratic, devistating, and almost on a daily basis. Hope your camping trip isn't a total wash out.