Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Wednesday Weather Report #22 - 10/18/17

The weather lately has been cool and crisp - very fall like. As in perfect for my fav season of the year.

A bonus of this cooler weather is that someone (and Z shall remain nameless) has been a little more social and cuddly. I therefore had big expectations when he seemed interested in helping me photograph last week's weather rosette.


We got off to a slow start. I really would have been happy with just toes as I have pictures of  other cats over the years with just toes. Except it's out of focus.


I tried a different angle.
He tried a different angle at the same time.

I finally got to use a new color!!!!
51 - 62 - 63 - 70- 76 - 45 - 59

In the end, I just went with this photo. It's on "my" trunk. It's really Mom's trunk and I borrow it for trunk shows but after the penultimate trunk show she never put her things back in it. I told her when I borrowed it this time that I wasn't giving it back!! She didn't protest very much.

She actually told me to keep the smaller green flat-top trunk I borrowed a while ago. I also own my great-grandfather's trunk which is 1.5 times as big as this one. Both this and GG-pa's are barrel top trunks - do you know why people had barrel top (~hump back) trunks?  I'd be happy to share more trunk photos if anyone is interested in them...


And just because I was pleased as punch -- check out my new socks!
Jelly? Aren't you?!




8 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

It has been such an up/down temp week! I don't even try to get the furkids in one of these shots as they try to eat the papers out of the hexies. Mine are cuddle bugs with this colder weather, too.

Janet O. said...

I have a couple of mini trunks I've used for my mini quilt trunk shows. Aren't we clever? LOL
Gotta LOVE those socks!!

Jo said...

They are very cute

Vireya said...

Those socks are fantastic!

I've got one more day to add to my rosette for this week, but so far it looks a lot like yours.

So why the barrel tops on trunks? It would make them hard to stack.

Denise :) said...

Yay for cooler temps! It makes for prettiful hexie flowers. Z's fuzzy toes are fuzzy? Whaaaa??! I am jelly of your socks!!!!! :)

MissPat said...

Love those socks. Did they come in multiple colors? Did you buy more than one pair?
Pat

Chantal said...

Love your socks! Love Zorro "helping" you get a good pic. Love the different color in the rosette.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Where ever did you find hex socks? I have my Great Grandparents humpback trunk