Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Sunday, June 17, 2018

HeLP for Hexie-aholics - 6/17/18

Hello! Hello! And welcome to the latest edition of Hexie Linky Party for Hexie-aholics!!

Have you been stitching anything new and exciting recently? You may recall that I finished my Lion several weeks ago. My original plan has been to make a single quilt with all the animals in it together but then I changed my mind. Women's prerogative, right??!!


This was the first quilt that I free motion quilted ... on a machine that didn't lower the feed dogs. It's not my best work but it's my first and it's been hanging in the same place in my quilt lab for the last 10 years. Time for a change...

Aslan the Lion


That is sew much better!!!


And with that it was time to start on the peacock! The papers were separated, matched with the fabrics and placed in baggies.

Percy the Peacock

I worked on it gangbusters for a while but I also promised Lisa I wouldn't finish before her and she has 2 cross stitch pieces to finish for her grandkids first so I've set it aside for now.

I've been working on Zag & Zig but it's really in my best interest to get working on the quilt for our next hexie club quilt exhibit at the Arts Council...I have 442 days left to design, stitch, quilt and bind it. For next years exhibit we are all going to make the same size wall hanging but the fabrics, colors, shapes, etc are up to the quilter. I want to take a picture of Zorro and convert it into a quilt using EQ7. First things first, I need to pick a photo so before I commit to Z, I better make sure I have a decent photo...

And now it's your turn to share! What projects have you been working on or dreaming up? Any UFO, PIG or WIP counts as does any paper shape. Looking forward to your links, especially since this whole comment thing is still a disaster.




5 comments:

Denise :) said...

Not just a woman's prerogative, but a quilter's prerogative! I love your Aslan -- he looks just perfect in his spot! And Percy is coming along nicely, too -- he'll be quite handsome when he's finished. Is she a fast cross stitcher?! You've already gotten some decent photos of Z; it shouldn't be hard to find a good one to convert in EQ! That'll be fun to watch come together...hurry and get started on it!! ;)

Janet O. said...

Epic day--I had hexies to link!!
Saw these patterns in a shop along our trip and thought of you. Love Aslan! Great spot in which to showcase his majesty!
The peacock looks like a beauty. How can you resist doing more?

Turid said...

I really love your lion. So much work, and so pretty.

Pamela said...

The peacock looks great!

MissPat said...

I didn't realize you had finished Aslan. It looks perfect there. I meanwhile have made little progress on my stars but I do have a week-long trip to Springfield, IL, in July, so maybe things will move along then. I also think I need to get new glasses to help with the hand stitching.
Pat