Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Wednesday, July 03, 2019

Wednesday Weather Report #111 - 7/3/19

Now these are some nice summery temperatures!!

June 26-30, 2019:  85 - 81 - 85 - 80 - 70 F
July 1-2, 2019:  76 - 78 F

Last year, July 1st, was 92F. This year was wayyyyyyy more comfortable.

 


I also finished the last basket block. I had hoped to find more of the brown basket fabric to do something in the borders but it looks like I used it up on something else. Time to come up with another plan...

I think the baskets are more obvious in the design on the left but there is a cool 3D design on the right. I can certainly make another quilt with the 2nd layout (it takes longer to cut out all the fabric pieces than to stitch them) so I guess I just need to pick one and run with it. The third, un-photographed, option is to put the baskets on point by adding large corner triangles. I might end up doing eeny meeny miney moe unless inspiration strikes before the weekend is over...



3 comments:

Pamela said...

My last year's temperatures were much hotter than this year. I like the baskets.
Here's my weekly temps- https://hokkaidokudasai.blogspot.com/2019/07/monday-morning-star-count-butterflies.html

Janet O. said...

We are having a lovely, overcast 4th. The meteorologist (they aren't weathermen and women anymore) on the news said it was the 4th coolest in the last 30 years--but at 78 degrees, it doesn't seem "cool"--just not HOT. :)

Leonore Winterer said...

Both options looks great, so I'm looking forward to seeing which one you picked. Yay for comfortable temperatures!