Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Almost Wordless Wednesday

Spurred by great weather, I pulled out my favorite grilling book ...


...and grilled Mediterranean chicken breasts. And what is grilled chicken without macaroni salad? We Ballinger's like our salad with green grapes, tuna fish, onions and hard boiled eggs.


This was followed by hand pies (pastry filled with boysenberry jam). I would be happy to share this easy recipe in another post if anyone is interested.



Yes - I used every bit of my "new" counter space but I did *not* take any pictures of the mess I had fun making :)

5 comments:

Denise :) said...

Wow -- that looks YUMMY! I would very much like to see you share the recipe for the hand pies -- was the jam store bought or of the homemade variety?!? :)

Paula said...

Hand pies... looks interesting. Would love it fi you would share the recipe. :)

Michelle said...

I make jam pastries when I make sausage rolls.I take out extra pastry and cut them into sqaures and stick a teaspoon of jam in the middle and then just fold the corners into the middle.
A very simple sweet.
Yours look very fancy.
I'm glad you are loving your extra bench space.
It makes all the difference in the world.
I would like more bench space.

Janet O. said...

I call them jam tarts. Yummy!
Looks like a tasty dinner!

Anonymous said...

The macaroni salad sounds so good and I'd like to have the recipe for the hand pies.
Lillian
lillianscupboard.wordpress.com