I just finished a weekend of quilt retreat and I was able to finish my goal for the weekend. Woohoo!
I didn't take a before picture of the actual hexies but I think you'll get the idea with this:
This is my layout in EQ7. Each hexie in the picture is actually what I call a small rosette such as this partial one I was working on:
I've been making large rosettes by encircling a monocromatic small with 6 other mixed color rosettes.
Back to the EQ7 screen shot... As I attached large rosettes to each other I blackened the hexies. I was trying to balance the monochromatic rosettes so those where colored instead of blackened as they were attached. Make sense?
Over the weekend I was able to attach 6 more large rosettes!!!!
My diagram now looks like the next screenshot which I would say is some dramatic progress!
I've got a pile of small rosettes and a pile of fabric cut to make more. My week's focus will be to make more small rosettes. I have another quilt retreat next weekend - I'll either spend the time finishing the fabric pile to make more small rosettes or start making the pile of small rosettes into large rosettes. That decision will be made Friday before I leave for work and not a second sooner.
Oops, almost forgot - here's the real deal with QCOs checking it out...
Other than Squeaks was mad with Z for getting too close, I think it passed inspection and has been properly furred...
Linking to Design Wall Monday.