Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Monday, March 06, 2017

Design Wall Monday - 3/6/17

Can you taste it yet?
I certainly can!

What am I possibly talking about? Well I can taste finishing this quilt...

I've got probably 13 half-hexies to finish attaching and then I need to attach the top border to the mothership. Then this baby will be in the finished pile. Woot Woot!



I've got half the half-hexies sewn in to the top and bottom borders.
The top border isn't attached to the quilt yet so when my back gives out from
painting ceilings and sitting at the table to work on the mothership, I can move to
the couch to work on the border.

Funny how the parts of the quilt sans papers lay so much flatter.

The models are not sure if they are friend or foe at the moment.
This may or may not have something to do with the 'nip fest last night...

I've removed the papers from the sides to reduce the weight of the quilt.
I think I'm going to wait to trim the sides straight until after it's been quilted.
I'm also removing the papers from the top and the bottom as I fill in the half-hexies.



6 comments:

Janet O. said...

I am so excited for you to get this finished!! You amaze me. I just do not seem to have the patience for hexie quilts.
So now you are hosting nip fests, huh? Is that part of your emergency response training? *LOL*

Chantal said...

Yes, I can taste it and it is simply delicious! Well done.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I hope you get this finished with all that help.

Pamela said...

Beautiful quilt top!

margaret said...

you are going to have one spectacular quilt when completed, good to see the cats are getting a bit closer very slowly though

Denise :) said...

This is the quilt you're gifting to me when it's finished, right??! Hahahaha!! :)