Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Friday, March 17, 2017

HeLP for Hexie-aholics - 3/17/17

There are lots of photos to share for Feline Friday and HeLP today so I've separated the posts, altho they will share one linky party. Be sure to check out Feline Friday HERE!


On Sunday at ~8pm I put the last stitch into my owl quilt!!! Woohooo!!!!!!


I attempted to take some photos of the top last night (it is daylight until after 7pm!) but it was still too windy from this week's snow storm.

Good Morning Sunshine!

I spray basted the top to the batting last night.


And spray basted the back this morning.


I was trying to use just the fabric leftovers from the quilt so while I had planned an extra 2" on each side of the quilt, I actually cut it much closer than that. The light colored fabric above is the owl fabric that I fussy cut for center of each of the rose stars in the quilt.


The quilt finished at 72" x 75"

Meet Lola - my neighbor's dog. 

I meant to count the number of pieces in the quilt but forgot - I'll have to add that Monday...

And  now, it's your turn to share a project for our Linky Party. What hexie projects have you been working on or planning to work on???! Do Share!!




4 comments:

Turid said...

This quilt is just fantastic. And so good to finish a long term work.

margaret said...

so enjoyed following the creation of this quilt and it looks amazing now to get it quilted will you do it by hand? Whoops seems Sofie has added herself to this link though I did it on the cat one

Cathy said...

WOW! What a fabulous accomplishment! added on my link. Thanks for hosting.

Pamela said...

Your owl quilt is fabulous!